Today, Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms for sharing photos and videos. It provides a variety of features for making our account private and secure. Our account can be made more secure if we add a phone number and email address. We can also change our email address and phone number.
Despite the fact that many Instagram users use fake email addresses to keep their personal information safe when they want to recover their account or receive an important notification via email, they can’t access their account because they have added a fake email address.
Creating and logging into an Instagram account requires an email address, as with most websites. You may have changed your email address, or you may be concerned about the security of your account. In any case, Instagram allows you to update your email address.
There’s no need to worry about your security on Instagram because it provides features to keep you safe. We suggest entering your real email address or remembering your email address and password in order to ensure that your account is secure.
If you created your account with a fake email address or an old email address, to which you no longer have access, then you should change it today with the email address you have access to.
Let’s talk about how to change your Instagram email address in this article. To change your email address in your account, follow the step-by-step instructions mentioned below.
How to Change Instagram Email Address on iOS and Android?
Users of Instagram scroll through posts on their phones most of the time. It is fortunate that the iOS and Android instructions are exactly the same. You can update your email address on Instagram by following these steps:
- Install the Instagram app.
- You can access your profile page by tapping on your profile photo.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the screen. Select Settings.
- Select ‘Account’ from the list.
- Click ‘Personal information’ at the top of the page.
- You can tap the “Done” button if you have an iPhone or click the icon if you have an Android phone.
How to Change Instagram Email Address on Windows, Mac, and Chromebook?
Even if you don’t use Instagram on your phone, changing your email is a very simple process. Just follow these steps:
- You can use your browser or computer to open Instagram.
- Visit your profile page by clicking on your profile photo.
- By clicking on the “Edit Profile” link next to your username, you can edit your profile.
- Click “Submit” after typing in your email address.
How to Change Business Email Address on Instagram?
Business accounts allow users to add details about their businesses, such as a website and business emails. You can update your business email address by following these steps:
- Go to your profile page by clicking your profile photo.
- Go to your profile and click “Edit.”
- You can enter your business email address in the “Public Business Information” section.
- Whether or not you want your business information to be public can be decided by you.
- Once all the changes have been saved, click “Done.”
How to Change Login Email Address on Instagram?
Changing your Instagram login email address is possible by opening your profile page and tapping “Edit Profile.” You can then enter your new email address here.
How Do I Reset My Email Address on Instagram?
Should you be unable to access your phone or email address associated with your Instagram account, you should log into Instagram and change your password as soon as possible. Using your provider’s help, try resetting your old email address once your account is secured with your new one.
Tips for Keeping Your Account Secure
Here are some tips for keeping your Instagram account secure:
- Two-factor authentication should be enabled.
- Make sure your password is strong.
- Instagram shouldn’t be used on other people’s devices.
- Make sure your primary email address is secure.
- Access to Instagram should be revoked for other apps.