If you temporarily disable your account, your profile, photos, comments and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it by logging back in.
How do I temporarily disable my Instagram account?
To temporarily disable your account:
- Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer. You can’t temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app.
- Tap or click your profile picture in the top right and select Profile, then select Edit Profile.
- Scroll down, then tap or click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and re-enter your password. The option to disable your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu and entered your password.
- Tap or click Temporarily Disable Account.
You’ll need to be able to log into your account to temporarily disable it. If you can’t remember your password or username, see some tips for logging in.
Note: If you’d like to delete your Instagram account, follow these instructions.