A severe account glitch or Internet-related issue causes the Instagram “We’re sorry, something went wrong” error. You should first try logging in with your Facebook account. A great alternative to Instagram, the Windows 10 Instagram app will create a unique experience. A temporary disable of your account seems to be the best solution for getting rid of this error.
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms, which also allows you to have multiple accounts. In addition, Instagram Live is also available on Windows 10 PCs and mobile devices.
The app, however, might not work properly sometimes, since you won’t be able to use it under normal circumstances.
It has been reported that users have encountered a crashed program or they have not been able to load any posts. Further, from our research, issues can also occur when friends send DMs to each other.
As soon as you try to connect to Instagram, you’ll receive the following message:
We’re sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again.
You may experience a platform crash or simply not be able to post on Instagram due to this, and we are very sorry for the inconvenience.
This annoying issue can be quickly resolved by selecting only the best options. You can find all of them in our guide. Before getting to the root of the problem, let’s look at some common reasons for the error.
The Instagram error: Sorry, something went wrong appears for no apparent reason.
Instagram bugs usually result from two factors: the service being down or your Internet connection being down.
It is critical to check whether Instagram is down everywhere before assuming it has glitches. It is true that sometimes it has issues globally, but other times it only has issues in certain regions.
The Instagram error: We’re sorry, but something went wrong usually occurs due to account glitches.
What is the fix for the Sorry, something went wrong error?
- Make sure the Instagram server is up and running
- Log in with your Facebook account
- You can use the Instagram app on Windows 10
- You can temporarily disable your account
- Instagram must be uninstalled and reinstalled
- Get in touch with Instagram Help Center
1. Make sure the Instagram server is up and running
Instagram servers can sometimes be unavailable for a period of time. Check the outage map online or ask your friends if they’re experiencing the same problem.
Check to make sure the issue only affects your account and not Instagram’s entire server.
2. Log in with your Facebook account
- Go to Instagram.
- Login with your Facebook account
- Now check to see if the error persists.
You can only accomplish this if you previously connected these two accounts. It is, therefore, recommended that your Facebook and Instagram accounts be linked.
By linking them, you will be able to avoid being hacked and resolve the Sorry something went wrong Instagram error quickly.
With Facebook’s purchase of Instagram, the two companies have become increasingly intertwined. There are even some features you can enjoy on Facebook, including Instagram ads.
Make sure you try the other listed options if these ones did not work for you.
3. You can use the Instagram app on Windows 10
- Open the Windows 10 operating system on your device.
- Open Microsoft Store by pressing the Windows key, then searching for it.
- Click on the first option recommended after opening Microsoft Store and searching for Instagram.
- Select “Get” from the menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the app.
- Check if the issue still exists by logging in.
In the event that the Instagram app does not work on your computer, you can try these tips to fix the issue right away. Check out how to send direct messages from a PC next, as you are clearly ready to communicate with your friends.
4. You can temporarily disable your account
- Navigate to your profile account on the web version of Instagram.
- Edit your profile by clicking Edit
- To temporarily disable your account, scroll down to the bottom and click the link.
- Wait about two to three hours.
- Once you have waited, check if the problem has been resolved by enabling your Instagram account.
Instagram’s We’re sorry, but something went wrong error might occur randomly, so temporarily disabling your account may solve the problem.
By choosing this option, your photos, comments, and likes will be hidden until you reactivate your account. Also, you cannot disable your Instagram account from your mobile device or computer.
5. Instagram must be uninstalled and reinstalled
The app can be quickly uninstalled and reinstalled, but keep in mind that this solution will only work if you’re using the Windows 10 Instagram app.
You can only delete the app by uninstalling it from your phone or computer. You will still be able to see your content, such as photos, tags, likes, and comments.
You will be logged out after uninstalling Instagram. Sign back in once you have reinstalled it. The process doesn’t affect your profile, so when you start using the app again, everything will be the same.
6. Get in touch with Instagram Help Center
- You can access your profile by opening the Windows 10 version of Instagram.
- Click on the gear-shaped icon marked Settings and more options.
- Select the Report a Problem option.
- Describe the incident briefly. Additionally, you can attach screenshots of the error.
- Then click on Send Report