Download & Install Screencast-O-Matic (SOM)Install the software package:
- Windows: Run the downloaded installer .exe
- Mac: Open the downloaded .dmg and drag the SOM app to the Applications folder.
Launch & Login
- Open the installed SOM application by double-clicking on it (or on the shortcut to it).
- Click “I have a Team Plan”.
- Enter the access code uvermont then click the Submit button.
- This will bring you to the familiar UVM Webauth page – log in with your UVM Netid.
- If you are brought to a registration page (it should be pre-populated with your name and email), then check the box to accept terms of service and click the Create Account button.
Allowing Camera & Microphone AccessSOM may need permission to use the camera and microphone. The steps to do this vary by operating system.
MacOS CatalinaDue to security/privacy restrictions in MacOS, you will need to specifically allow SOM to use your devices. The following steps outline how to do this in MacOS Catalina:
- Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy.
- Click on the lock button at the bottom left and enter your login to allow changes.
- Scroll down on the left column and select Screen Recording, then check the box next to Screencast-O-Matic v2.0.
- Select Accessibility from the left column, and check the box next to Screencast-O-Matic v2.0.
- Select Microphone from the left column, and check the box next to Screencast-O-Matic v2.0.
- Scroll up and select Camera from the left column, and check the box next to Screencast-O-Matic v2.0.