- Many users are complaining about the Instagram We’re sorry something went wrong error.
- It prevents them from accessing the social media platform, or from performing basic tasks.
- One way to troubleshoot this issue is to use your Facebook account to help out.
How can I fix Instagram Something went wrong logging in error?
- Confirm if Instagram server is available
- Login through Facebook
- Use Windows 10 app to connect Facebook
- Temporarily disable your account
- Contact Instagram Help Center
- Uninstall and reinstall the Instagram app
1. Confirm if Instagram server is available
Sometimes, Instagram servers can be temporarily unavailable. You can confirm this from live outage map online or ask your friends if they are having the same issue.
Just confirm that the issue is only related to your account and not the Instagram server.
2. Login through Facebook
Try to log in to your Instagram with your Facebook account. Note that this can only be possible if you had earlier connected these two accounts. So it is advisable to get your Facebook and Instagram account connected.
Linking your accounts can help you save it from being hacked and can help you quickly resolve the Sorry something went wrong Instagram error.
3. Use the Windows 10 app to connect Facebook
After this error message had occurred, you can only log in to the web version of Instagram. However, you might circumvent this problem by using the Instagram application for Windows 10.
This can be directly done from your laptop or desktop. After downloading the application from the Windows Store, log in and check if the issue is still there.
4. Temporarily disable your account
Sometimes Sorry something went wrong Instagram error can appear if there are glitches with your account. To fix it, follow these steps:
- Go to the web version of Instagram, and navigate to Settings.
- Look for Temporarily disable my account option at the bottom and select it.
- Wait for about 2-3 hours.
- After waiting, enable your Instagram account and check if the problem is resolved.Another solution would be using a browser with built-in Instagram integrations.
Recently, many users reported Sorry something went wrong Instagram error. This error can be quite problematic since you won’t be able to sign-in to Instagram at all.
If you are experiencing difficulty logging into your Instagram on phone, then dig into this article for fast and simple solutions.
5. Contact Instagram Help Center
If you have tried all these options and the issue is still not resolved, go to the authorization screen and look for Log In Help. Enter in the email address used to register your Instagram and select Send E-mail.
Instantly a message will be sent to your mailbox. Go through the link in the mail sent to you and follow the steps to log in.
6. Uninstall and reinstall the Instagram app
This option has really worked out for many users. You can quickly uninstall and reinstall your Instagram app. Bear in mind that this solution works only if you’re using Windows 10 Instagram app.
There you go, these are some potential solutions that might help you fix the Sorry something went wrong Instagram error. Let us know in the comments section if any of these solutions worked for you.