Facebook is the largest social network in the world. The network was launched in 2004 and currently has more than 2.5 billion active users. But what makes this social network most popular is its countless and unique capabilities. But sometimes, Facebook also encounters problems, such as a Facebook news feed not working error. But why does this happen, and how should we solve it?
One of the general methods that can be used to fix the error Facebook news feed not working is to restart the operating system. Suppose you are using Windows and a browser. To fix the error, you can restart your system once to see if the problem resolves.
Of course, many factors cause this problem. From poor internet connection to even set the wrong date and time can cause such a problem. But how can this error be fixed? We will explain in the following.
Check News feed configuration.
There are two ways to display information in the Facebook news feed, one is to show top stories, and the other is to display the most recent. By default, the Facebook news feed setting is on top stories, but if you can not see new posts in this way, you must change its settings.
- Go to the Facebook home page. Click the three-dot button on the left side next to the News Feed title.
- A dropdown will appear. Here you can choose which type of news feed you require. Try changing this to Most Recent.
- A dropdown menu appears again. This way, you can adjust how the news feed data is displayed. You can select Most Recent to see if the Facebook news feed is not working error fixes.
Check your internet connection.
Sometimes the problem with the Facebook news feed not working is due to the poor internet connection. If you are using Wi-Fi internet data, you can change the network or change your internet service to see if the speed of receiving and sending your data is better or not. You can even check the internet speed by visiting the speedtest website. Also, if you are using a mobile phone, switching
If the problem is not solved by changing the network or using the VPN application, you can try the following steps.
Check Facebook servers
Sometimes Facebook servers are temporarily out of reach, which causes the problem of Facebook news feed not working. To find out if there is a problem with Facebook servers, you can check through downdetector.com and see if it is possible to send and receive data to Facebook. If there is a problem with this section, you can try again in a few hours to solve the problem of the Facebook news feed not working.
Clear the cache and data of the browser
Sometimes the Facebook app cache or the desktop browser cache can cause the news feed to not work on Facebook. To solve this problem, you can follow the following method in different browsers:
- Open the Chrome browser on your desktop.
- Click on the More option on the right.
- From this section, select More tools and then go to the Clear browsing data section.
- At the top, specify the time range and click All time.
- Enable these options in the Cookies and other site data section and Cached image and files.
- Finally, click on the Clear data option and wait for the Chrome browser cache to be removed.
- In the Microsoft Edge browser, first, click on the three-dot option at the top right. This will open a menu and press Settings.
- In this section, look for the Choose what to clear option.
- Now go to the page where you have to choose what to delete in the browser cache. It is best to enable the first four boxes, including Browsing History, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data, and files, Download history, and then click Clear.
- You can now restart your browser.
- To clear the Firefox browser cache on the desktop, first, click on the tools bar option.
- From this section, open the Settings option.
- Click on the privacy option in the right pane.
- There is a title in the History section that says clear your recent history. Click on it
- Then activate the first four options and click Clear Now.
- Close the browser and reopen it to see if the Facebook news feed not working is resolved.
- In the Safari browser, first, open the dropdown menu and select the preferences option.
- From this section, select the Advanced tab option. The show develop menu option is displayed, and you must open it.
- Open the developer dropdown menu and then select the empty cache option.
- You must also clear your browser history. To do this, first, open the history dropdown and select the Clear history option.
Check if the Facebook news feed is not working issue still occurs
Now you can check in all browsers to see if the problem of the Facebook news feed not working has been fixed or not.
Clear the cache of the Facebook application on Android and iOS
To clear the cache of the Facebook application on Android, you must first press the Facebook application icon for three seconds and enter the settings by touching the app info option. From this section, find and open the storage option. Enters the next page where the Clear app cache option is seen. Touch it and wait for the cache of the Facebook app on Android to clear. Then check to see if the problem with the Facebook news feed not working resolves.
On iOS phones, you can not clear the app cache. The only way is to uninstall the Facebook app from your iPhone once and then install it through the App Store. This will automatically clear and reset the application cache.
Check system time and date settings
- If your computer or phone has the wrong date and time, you certainly can not see the Facebook feed. To do this on the desktop, follow these steps:
- First, right-click on the clock that appears at the bottom right and select Adjust date/time.
- If you see Set time automatically or Set time zone automatically that were not active, enable both together.
- If both options were enabled but your system date and time were broken, you should manually set both options and check again to see if the Facebook news feed not working error has been fixed.
Some Facebook problems are caused by a browser error, although you can use the methods we mentioned to check for these errors and fix them. Sometimes the problem is with Facebook’s central servers, so all you can do is wait. If you have used the methods, we mentioned in this article and reached a conclusion, write us your opinion.