If you forget your password and want to log in, or if you do robot-like activities such as commenting on too many posts, liking, posting, following, or unfollowing more than the Instagram limit allows, it may log you out of your account and ask you to enter a security code that is sent to you via SMS or email. However, a lot of people have been complaining recently that they are not receiving the code and Instagram is making them frustrated. In this article, we present some fixes that can help you solve this issue.
Not receiving the code via SMS
- Check your internet connection: check if you have an internet connection. It might be the case that the service you are connected is down or you have forgotten to pay the bill. If the problem is about your router, usually turning it off and on again helps. After you check everything, restart your device.
- Be patient: there might be an IP overload so your number may be in the queue. Wait for sometime and be patient. If you do not receive the code, you have to try it the next day. You can also try the next steps.
- Change your phone number: a lot of people try to create more than one account with one phone number. Instagram does not let users do that so forget about it and try a new phone number.
- Go incognito: your IP address might be banned to use Instagram. In that case the best solutions are either to switch your device to something else or to use a VPN to change your IP address. Just beware that switching your IP address every time you log in to Instagram may cause the application to remove your account altogether.
- Use your email address instead: another way to receive the verification code is through your email address. Just bear in mind that the same rule we talked about regarding your phone number, also applies here. You cannot create two accounts with one phone number.
- Contact the help centre: if you try all the steps above and you are still unsuccessful, the only way to solve the problem is to contact Instagram help center. Just search the term “Instagram help center” on the internet and you will be good to go.
Not receiving the code via SMS
An alternative way to receive the verification code is through your email address. If you cannot receive the code, go through the following steps:
- Confirm your email address is correct: check if you have spelled your email address correctly and it is exactly the same as what you have previously entered in your profile.
- Check your spam folder: sometimes the security code has been categorized as spam. So check this folder if you cannot see any new email from Instagram in your inbox.
- Be patient and wait: it may be that there are to requests so yours might be in the queue. Don’t overlook this simple point because a lot of users have been receiving emails from Instagram after some minutes or hours. This usually takes place due to the business of Instagram servers.
- Change your device and IP address: your device or IP address may have been blacklisted or may have reached the maximum accounts that an IP can create. Try using another device or using a VPN. using another browser or going incognito may also help.
How to go incognito on Chrome
To browse privately, open chrome and click on the three dots that you can see on the top right corner. Choose “New Incognito Window”. A new window appears with a black theme. Now you can browse privately.
In order to create a new account or to recover your password or in case Instagram finds your activity suspicious you will be asked to enter a security code but sometimes people complain that they do not receive it. In this article we examined some solutions that may help you solve the problem.