The Instagram app is one of the best apps under the phone that works most of the time without error. But if you sometimes make a mistake, how do you fix it? Sometimes an error message something went wrong is displayed in the Instagram app. How to solve the problem and get rid of this message?
Exactly why this error message is displayed is still unclear, and many issues cause this error to occur. But it can be said that there are several ways to solve it, each of which you have to do separately to see if the problem is solved or not. Among these methods, we can mention updating the Instagram application, clearing the application cache, or changing the phone’s data internet. We now turn to all of these methods.
Check internet connections
First, you need to check that your internet connection is correct, and if you are connected to a network, you need to see if that network has internet access or not. To check Cellular Internet data, follow these steps:
- First, open the Settings section and go to Networks and Connections. Select the Cellular Data option here.
- If Cellular Data Internet is connected, turn it off and on again. Look at the top of the phone and see if the two arrow icons appear up and down and what the antenna of your phone is.
- If by changing this, the antenna does not change and the desired icons are not displayed, then the problem is your Cellular data internet. You can solve this problem by moving or changing the internet line to Wi-Fi internet.
- If you are connected to a Wi-Fi Internet and want to check your network connection, follow these steps:
- Click on Settings, look for the Wireless option in this section and open the Connection. Then turn on Wi-Fi.
- From here, turn off Wi-Fi once and turn it on again to display the Wi-Fi icon at the top of the phone.
- If the Wi-Fi receiver icon is not visible or is weak, your internet router may have a problem, or it may not have entered the Wi-Fi information correctly, and you may not be able to connect to it. To do this, turn off the Wi-Fi router once and turn it on again.
- If the Wi-Fi sign appears, but you see a No internet access error on the top of the phone, then you should contact your ISP and raise the issue.
Do Instagram servers work?
Sometimes Instagram servers crash for hours. So you can not use the services of this application, and you will repeatedly encounter something that went wrong. First, to check if the problem is with the Instagram server, you must open the Instagram website through a browser. If you do not encounter a 5xx error and the Instagram page opens, the servers are working correctly. Otherwise, you have to wait a few hours for the problem to be resolved entirely.
Log in via a Facebook account
Another way to fix something that went wrong is to log in to Instagram via your Facebook account. But to connect, you must already have Instagram and Facebook connected. To do this, first go to Facebook, settings, and then Instagram and enter the Instagram login information in this section.
Delete and reinstall Instagram
One of the easiest ways is to uninstall and then reinstall the Instagram app. You can do the following steps to fix something went wrong.
- First, enter the Google Play Store and look for the Instagram application
- Tap the uninstall option and wait for a few seconds for the Install option to activate. Now touch it.
- Once the app is reinstalled, restart your phone and open the app to see if the issue is resolved.
Deactivating the account temporarily can only be done through the browser version on the desktop or laptop. To do this, follow these steps:
- First, enter instagram.com in your browser and log in.
- Click on your profile icon and then click Edit profile.
- Now find the Temporarily Disable account option and click on it.
- Enter your reason for deactivating your account and then re-enter your password.
- You can not deactivate your Instagram account without providing a reason.
- Finally, click on the Temporarily disable account option to deactivate your account.
- If you log in to Instagram with your username after deactivating your account, your account will be reactivated. Wait a few hours and then activate your account, close and open the app to fix something that went wrong.
Instagram application in Windows 10
If you have Windows 10, you can install the Instagram application through the Microsoft Store and enter it by entering your account information and use this program without error. However, if the problem is with our internet, you can not log in to Instagram this way either.
Instagram Help Center
Finally, there is a way to fix something went wrong: to contact Instagram support. If you go to the settings of Instagram and Help Center, or even if you can email your problem directly to Instagram, after a few days, the answer will be received, and your account defect will be fixed.
“something went wrong” is one of the most common errors in the Instagram app, and this problem occurs on most Android and iPhone devices. We hope that you will be able to fix something went wrong after following the methods mentioned in this article. Please write us about your experiences in this regard in the comments section.