There is a feature on Instagram to share other people’s posts in stories. In this way, if a post is very suitable and exciting, you can activate the option and share it to your Story by “add to story” option.
However, sometimes there are problems, for example, there is no option for Add to Story, or you can not share the post. Sometimes this problem is due to a bug in Instagram or this is related to the page settings.
If this is due to Instagram bugs, you can just report it, and wait until Instagram back to the normal status.
Why can’t people share my Instagram story?
There are many reasons why you can not share the post in the Story. We will examine these reasons below, along with ways to solve the problem.
“Allow Others to Reshare” is disabled
The main reason why can’t people share your Instagram stories is that “resharing to stories”Allow Others to Reshare” is disabled. Without having this option active, users will not be able to share the post on their Instagram stories.
You can enable the resharing to stories option by going to the Instagram settings section via the top-right menu and the Settings option, and the privacy section so that users can share your posts in their Story.
Also, if your friend has disabled this option, you can not do this when you want to share his post in your Story.
Account is private
The first problem arises because the post you want to share in the Story may not be public but personal.
If this happens to your Account and no one can share your posts in the Story, you must first go to the settings section via the bottom right icon in the Instagram app and tap the three-line menu icon at the top right of the Settings option. Open. Enter Privacy from this section.
There is a Private option on this page that you must disable to make your page public. If your page was in public mode by default, here are other ways to check out Cant share posts to Instagram Story.
Instagram is down
Sometimes, a number of users report that they can’t share posts to stories, or they are the account owners and they claim that no one is able to reshare their posts.
This might also happen if Instagram is down. To find out if Instagram is not working, check the next section in this blog.
How to fix if others can’t share your posts to their stories?
Here are some methods to fix this issue. Make sure you have checked all the options.
#1 Check if Instagram is down
When a number of users report that they can’t share posts to stories, it means there is something wrong with Instagram itself. I always suggest to check if Instagram is down on downdetector.com website.
If you see any chart by searching Instagram name, it means Instagram is down, and you should wait until it’s fixed.
#2 Check your settings
Make sure you have enabled the option in your Instagram settings. To activate Resharing to stories, follow the steps below in the Instagram application.
- First, open the Instagram application and go to the profile menu
- Then click on the hamburger icon (three-lined icon) at the top right.
- Then select the Gear option from the bottom section titled Settings
- A menu page will appear before you, and scroll down to find the resharing to stories option. Enabling this option solves the problem.
#3 Make your account public
For your friends to share posts in their Story, two options must be enabled for your Account. First, our Account must be public, and second, the Resharing to stories option on your Instagram must also be activated.
To make your Account public, you must follow the steps below:
- First, you need to open the Instagram application on your phone.
- Go to the profile section.
- Click the menu option at the top right.
- From here, open the settings option at the bottom.
- Then go to the Privacy section.
- Then click on the option labeled Account Privacy.
- Now find the Account Privacy option and disable it to make your account public.
#4 Update your Instagram app
Sometimes it may be that you have this problem because you did not update your Instagram app. You can fix the problem by updating the program to the latest version.
You should first check to see if this problem is just for your Account. For example, your friends can quickly post posts that others can share in Story. So after checking this out, you realize that only your Account has this issue.
To solve this problem, first, go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store and search for Instagram in these applications and when it opens, click the Update button on it. If the problem is not solved, you can restart the phone or remove the phone cache in the Android operating system.
#5 Re-install Instagram app
If you reinstall the Instagram app, you can solve the problem of sharing posts in Story. There are different ways to do this on Android and iOS phones.
To reinstall the Instagram application on Android phones:
- Open Google Play Store, select Menu, and go to My apps & games.
- Scroll down to find the Instagram app.Click on the app and touch Uninstall.
- Then reinstall the program.
To reinstall the Instagram app on iOS:
- Hold your finger on the Instagram icon for three seconds.
- Select the delete option
- Find and install Instagram in the Apple App Store.
One of the main reasons the problem can not share posts to stories Instagram is because the application information is cached, so you need to altogether remove and reinstall the Instagram application to fix this issue.
If you think that the problem of not sharing the post in the Instagram story is related to Instagram itself, you can check the following steps to solve it:
#6 Contact Instagram support
If none of the above methods work, you can use Instagram support. There is a section in the menu of this program called the Instagram help center where you can send a message stating that you can not share the post in the Story.
- First, log in to the Instagram application.
- Go to your profile section.
- Open the Account Settings section.
- If you scroll down, you will find the Help option. Click on it.
- There are four options in front of you: “Support Requests,” “Privacy and Security Help.” “Report a problem,” “Help Center” is displayed.
- By opening these options, you will go to the Instagram Help Center section of its website.
- Then in the box, you can write your problem in complete the information, and finally send it.
- After a few days, the Instagram support system will guide you or fix the problem via your email or Instagram account.
In this article, we reviewed all the ways to solve Cant share posts to Story Instagram. If you have encountered this problem and could not solve it, send us your feedback.