Instagram has a unique feature for its users that they can use to share other people’s posts in their stories. In this way, if a post is very suitable and exciting, you can activate it and share it in your Story by add to story option. Of course, sometimes there are problems in this regard. For example, there is no option called Add to Story, or there are problems in this section that you can not share the post on that page at all. Sometimes this problem is due to a bug in Instagram. Sometimes it is due to the page’s security level from which you want to share the post. In the following, we will show you ways to solve Cant share posts to story Instagram.
Sometimes the problem becomes so severe that it has nothing to do with Instagram bugs or the accessibility and security. In this way, you should inform them about this issue through the Instagram support system to fix the problem and share the posts from the public pages in your Story.
Can’t share a post to the Instagram Story?
There are many reasons why you can not share the post in the Story. We will examine these reasons below, along with ways to solve the problem.
Check page is public or not
The first problem arises because the post you want to share in the Story may not be public but personal.
If this happens to your Account and no one can share your posts in the Story, you must first go to the settings section via the bottom right icon in the Instagram app and tap the three-line menu icon at the top right of the Settings option. Open. Enter Privacy from this section.
There is a Private option on this page that you must disable to make your page public. If your page was in public mode by default, here are other ways to check out Cant share posts to Instagram Story.
If problem is on your Account only
Sometimes it may be that you have this problem because you did not update your Instagram app. You can fix the problem by updating the program to the latest version.
You should first check to see if this problem is just for your Account. For example, your friends can quickly post posts that others can share in Story. So after checking this out, you realize that only your Account has this issue.
To solve this problem, first, go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store and search for Instagram in these applications and when it opens, click the Update button on it. If the problem is not solved, you can restart the phone or remove the phone cache in the Android operating system.
The “Resharing to stories” option
Sometimes you may have disabled the resharing to stories option, and therefore users will not be able to share the post on Instagram Story.
You can enable the resharing to stories option by going to the Instagram settings section via the top-right menu and the Settings option, and the privacy section so that users can share your posts in their Story.
Also, if your friend has disabled this option, you can not do this when you want to share his post in your Story.
To activate Resharing to stories, follow the steps below in the Instagram application.
- First, open the Instagram application and go to the profile menu
- Then click on the hamburger icon at the top right.
- Then select the Gear option from the bottom section titled Settings
- A menu page will appear before you, and scroll down to find the resharing to stories option. Enabling this option solves the problem.
How to share a post on the Instagram story without problem?
If you think that the problem of not sharing the post in the Instagram story is related to Instagram itself, you can check the following steps to solve it:
Instagram help center
If none of the above methods work, you can use Instagram support. There is a section in the menu of this program called the Instagram help center where you can send a message stating that you can not share the post in the Story.
- First, log in to the Instagram application.
- Go to your profile section.
- Open the Account Settings section.
- If you scroll down, you will find the Help option. Click on it.
- There are four options in front of you: “Support Requests,” “Privacy and Security Help.” “Report a problem,” “Help Center” is displayed.
- By opening these options, you will go to the Instagram Help Center section of its website.
- Then in the box, you can write your problem in complete the information, and finally send it.
- After a few days, the Instagram support system will guide you or fix the problem via your email or Instagram account.
Make your Posts Public for Friends
For your friends to share posts in their Story, two options must be enabled for your Account. First, our Account must be public, and second, the Resharing to stories option on your Instagram must also be activated.
To make your Account public, you must follow the steps below:
- First, you need to open the Instagram application on your phone.
- Go to the profile section.
- Click the menu option at the top right.
- From here, open the settings option at the bottom.
- Then go to the Privacy section.
- Then click on the option labeled Account Privacy.
- Now find the Account Privacy option and disable it to make your account public.
In this article, we reviewed all the ways to solve Cant share posts to Story Instagram. If you have encountered this problem and could not solve it, send us your feedback.