Printer driver unavailability error stops printing even if you change the printer ink cartridge. It also prevents you from using other similar functions such as scanning and copying in general. If you encounter this problem, use one of the following troubleshooting methods to resolve it. But before proceeding in any way, you may want to complete a few requirements first. They help make troubleshooting methods much smoother and faster. Please note that the second condition is only necessary if the first condition does not work.
Requirements for troubleshooting
First Requirement – Change UAC settings
In Windows 10, 8, or 7, Account Control (UAC) notifies you before Windows makes any system changes. These types of changes are usually those that include user or administrator rights. Configure your UAC settings to prevent you from installing the components and drivers required for your printer. You can do this using these steps:
- Log in as computer administrator
- Control Panel> Accounts> Change Account Control Settings
- Place the slider on the third level, where it says:
- Click OK
- click Yes in the license window
- Before proceeding, make sure that you are logged in as your computer administrator
- Go to Control Panel> User Accounts> Change User Account Control Settings.
- Place the slider on the third level, and you will see a box on the right that shows a summary of the settings. Above it should say: “I will be notified only when programs try to make changes to my computer (default)”. The phrase “Recommended if you are using familiar programs and visiting familiar websites” should also be written at the bottom of the box.
- Click OK.
- If the User Account Control Settings window appears, click Yes and ask the app for permission to make changes to your device.
However, the first condition may not work, and this is due to the addition of a verification step by Windows. As the name implies, this method helps to verify your identity as a manager and prevents illegal access to your account. It also gives the admin user more control over all changes made to the computer.
To complete this step:
- Log in as computer administrator
- Control Panel> Accounts> Make changes to my account in PC settings
- Click Verify under Your Info
- Select your email address when it asks “How do you want to get this code” and then
- The code is on your email address
- Copy and paste the code into the required input and Next
- Printer drivers will start installing with a verified account
- Before proceeding, make sure that you are logged in as a Computer Administrator. Go to Control Panel> User Accounts> Make Changes to my Account in your PC settings. Click Verify under Your Info
- Select your email address and then click Next.
- Microsoft sends the verification code to the email address. Copy and paste the code into the required input and then click Next.
Once your account has been verified, the verification step will no longer appear after you start installing the printer drivers.
Method1: Reinstall your printer drivers
Your printer driver is corrupted or has lost other essential files. If so, you need to remove all related software and reinstall the driver on your computer. To do this:
- Go to Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> Device and Printers> Device Manager.
- Click Print queues to view the drop-down list. Find your printer model in the list and then right-click on its icon. Select the Uninstall device option and click Uninstall if Windows asks you to confirm this action.
- Go to the computer control panel and click on Devices and Printers. Select your printer and then click Remove Device in the upper right corner of the window.
- Reinstall your printer drivers. Be sure to install all the necessary components.
Method 2: Update your Windows operating system
Older operating system: another possible reason for the driver is the unavailability of the printer error. In this case, it is best to install all available Windows updates to resolve the issue. Update your Windows operating system with these steps:
- Click the Search Bar button next to the Windows Start Menu button and enter the word Update.
- The search bar shows you a list of possible options related to your request. Find and select Windows Update and click the Check for Updates button.
- Windows starts checking for available updates and installs them automatically.
- Restart your computer after the process is complete.
- Print a page from your PC and see if there are any changes.
Printer chocolate that results in error messages such as printer driver not available, printer driver not available, or printer driver not available occurs when your computer does not recognize the printer. Not only that, if the printer driver is old or damaged, you will also have problems with the printer drivers. Therefore, to solve the mentioned problems, you have to reinstall the printer driver. Printer not available Reinstalling the printer driver may seem simple, but it is not. Those who have limited knowledge about the device will face many problems when searching for the right driver. Therefore, in this article, we will explain the manual and automatic methods for repairing printer drivers that are not available in Windows 10. For this, we suggest using a great driver update tool called Smart Driver Care. Initial troubleshooting for printer repair says driver is not available. The steps mentioned are simple but effective. They fix almost all printer errors.
- Disconnect and reconnect the printer
- Turn off and on the printer
- Restart the printer and PC at the same time
- Try another USB port.
Therefore, these are the basic steps to solve the problems. Even if they seem simple, do not ignore them, using these steps to fix Windows 10 printer drivers is an inaccessible error. However, if all else fails, use the various methods listed below. Ways to fix the printer driver are not available in Windows 10
Ways to fix the printer driver are not available in Windows 10
Technique 1: Update the printer driver
Technique 2: Update Windows 10 on your computer
Technique 3: Run SFC scan now
Technique 4: Reinstall the printer driver (manual)
Technique 5: Reinstall the printer driver (automatically)
Technique 6: Reinstall the printer
Technique 1: Update the printer driver
If you are using an older driver, an error message will occur if the printer driver is not available. You can update the driver by following the steps below:
- Type Device Manager in the Windows 10 search bar and click on search results.
- Device management
- Now look for Printers and expand it.
- See the name of the printer and select Update Driver.
- In the next window, click “Automatically search for updated driver software”.
- Windows 10 is now looking for updates. You will be notified if available. To install, follow the on-screen instructions and restart your computer when prompted. This should fix the inaccessible problems of the printer driver in Windows 10. If the problem persists, let’s move on to the next step.
Update Windows 10 on your computer
Sometimes Windows Updates can be responsible for drivers that are not available in the printer error messages. Although Windows Automatic Update fixes the problem, sometimes it is necessary to check it manually and update Windows.