Apple Air Pods are designed for seamless integration with iPhones and other Apple devices. They are just like any other Bluetooth device, so you can also connect them to a Windows PC. If you need help connecting these two, check out our step-by-step guide on how to connect your Air Pods to a Windows 10 computer and how to disconnect them.
Features of AirPods
The original AirPod (released in 2016) and AirPod 2 (released in 2019) are Apple’s two versions of AirPods. Despite looking similar, there are some differences between them. First-generation AirPods used Apple’s original W1 wireless chipset, whereas AirPods 2 use Apple’s new H1 wireless chipset, which Apple says runs at roughly twice the speed.
Both AirPods come with accelerometers to detect gestures, optical sensors to determine if they are plugged into your ears, and microphones for calls and Siri.
AirPods come with a charging case with a built-in battery that extends the headset’s battery life when it’s not connected to a power outlet. For an additional charge, AirPod 2 offers a wireless charging case that is an option alongside the original AirPod charging case.
With the two versions of AirPods fully charged in the charging case, the total battery life is roughly equal, meaning you can listen to music for more than 24 hours. It is possible to talk for about 3 hours on AirPods 2 instead of 2 hours on AirPods 1.
How to Connect Your Air Pods to a Windows 10 laptop?
Connect your Air Pods to your Windows 10 computer by closing the case, pressing the button on the case, and holding the button until the light flashes. To complete the process, click Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices, and then click Add.
- Air Pods should be placed inside their charging cases. Once the case is closed, wait for a few seconds.
Please make sure the battery level of your Air Pods is not too low. Make sure they are above 20% when charging.
- Next, open the case for the Air Pods. Open the case with the Air Pods inside until you are finished connecting them to your computer.
- Once the LED begins flashing, press and hold the button on your charging case. The circular button on the back of your Air Pods case is called the Setup button by Apple. LED lights can be seen inside or on the front of the old Air Pods case and the new Air Pods Pro case.
- Click the Start Menu in Windows. The Start Menu icon is located in the bottom-left corner.
- Choose Settings next. The gear icon is located above the power button.
- Select Devices from the drop-down list. To see this screen, click the box icon in the top-right corner of the window or expand the window. In case you still do not see Devices, click the home icon in the top-left corner of the window.
- On the next screen, click Bluetooth & other devices. On the left sidebar, you’ll see this, but it’s already selected by default.
- Select Bluetooth or other devices, and then click Next. This can be found near the plus sign at the top of the window.
Be sure to turn on Bluetooth first by sliding the slider under this heading. The Air Pods won’t connect to your computer if you don’t do this.
- The next step is to select Bluetooth. You will be able to see a list of available Bluetooth devices to connect with once you select this as the type of device. With will open.
- Click on the AirPods you want to use. Pair your Air Pods with your Windows PC. You should see a window telling you that your device is ready.
- Click Done to complete the process. Now you can use your AirPods with a Windows computer by taking them out of the charging case.
It may be difficult to connect your AirPods to your other devices once you’ve connected them to your Windows computer. You can disconnect your AirPods from Windows if you want them to automatically connect to your iPhone or other devices before you connect them to your computer:
Disconnect your AirPods from your computer with Windows 10
Click Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices to disconnect your AirPods from your Windows 10 computer. Click Remove to remove your AirPods. Next, click Yes to remove your AirPods from your computer.
- Click on the Start button in Windows.
- Choose Settings next.
- Select Devices from the list.
- On the next screen, click Bluetooth & other devices.
- Once you have selected your AirPods, tap on them. They can be found in the Audio section.
- Next, click the Remove device button.
- You can now remove AirPods by clicking Yes.
How to Pair and Connect AirPods to a Windows 11 Laptop?
While pairing AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max with a Windows PC may not be as straightforward as pairing with an iOS device, it is only slightly more challenging. Bluetooth is the preferred method for connecting the AirPods. This guide will explain how to pair and connect AirPods with a Windows 11 PC or laptop with just a few simple steps.
In the meantime, Apple products including AirPods and AirPod Pros will lose some functionality with Windows 11. You can listen to the audio files on them, but they don’t sound as good as the microphone on iOS and macOS. We won’t recommend using Apple’s AirPods as your primary Windows headset, even though they can handle Zoom calls in a pinch.
Is it possible to use Apple AirPods with Windows 11?
AirPods are designed to work seamlessly with iPhones and other Apple devices, but they can also be paired with any Windows 11 PC via Bluetooth. Using AirPods, you can switch between devices including Windows 11 PCs, iPhones, and other devices at any time.
You need to make sure that your PC has the latest Bluetooth driver before you can connect or pair your AirPods with Windows 11 PC. Most modern computers are equipped with Bluetooth, so if you don’t use an old PC, you will have Bluetooth.
How to connect AirPods to a Windows 11 laptop or PC?
Windows Settings make it simple to pair your AirPods with Windows 11. Using the same connection method, you can connect AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max to your PC.
1. Launch the Settings app by pressing Windows+I on your keyboard.
2. Click ‘Bluetooth & devices’ on the right pane of the Windows 11 Settings window, then click the Bluetooth toggle to enable it.
3. You will need to bring your AirPods into pairing mode once the Bluetooth has been turned on. Press and hold the button on the AirPods case while putting your AirPods in the case. Once the white light on the case flashes, release the button.
4. Select Bluetooth from the three options listed under ‘Add device’. Click on the ‘Add device’ option.
5. When your Windows 11 PC searches for available devices, you need to click on your AirPod when it shows up in the list.
6. Then click ‘Done’ to complete the connection with your computer, and your Apple AirPods are ready to use.
Using AirPods on a Windows 11 PC
You can use Spotify and other music apps on your PC after pairing your AirPod with your PC using the steps above. The easiest way to use AirPods on your PC is to turn on Bluetooth in the action center at the right corner of the taskbar by selecting the Bluetooth toggle.
Open the lid of the AirPods case once Bluetooth is selected. A connection will automatically be made between your AirPods and your PC. Manually connecting it to your computer is an option if it does not automatically connect to your PC. You can do this as follows:
- Press the Windows + I key to open Settings.
- Select the ‘Bluetooth & Devices’ section, then click ‘Devices’.
- The list of paired devices will appear here. Next, select your AirPod and click on the three ellipses right next to it.
- Connect your AirPods and use them on your PC by clicking on the ‘Connect’ option. You must open the case of AirPods when connecting them to Windows 11.
How to Disconnect AirPods from a Windows 11 Laptop or PC?
When you are ready to disconnect or remove AirPods from your Windows 11 computer, simply open Settings > Bluetooth & Devices > Devices, select AirPods, and then select Remove device. You can now disconnect your AirPods from your Windows computer by clicking Yes.
- Open the Settings app.
- On the next page, click ‘Bluetooth & devices’, and then click ‘Devices’.
- Next, locate your AirPods and select them.
- Next, click the ‘Remove device’ button.
- Finally, click ‘Yes’ to remove AirPods from your Windows 11 PC.
When you connect AirPods to Windows 11 PC, they keep disconnecting?
AirPods may occasionally disconnect due to their Bluetooth connection, which is convenient but not perfect.
Put the AirPods back in the case and close the lid for a few seconds to re-sync them. You should be able to re-sync them automatically after deleting them, but if this does not occur, you may need to manually connect the Bluetooth devices via the Bluetooth device menu.
It may be due to the number of Bluetooth devices attached to your PC or laptop that your AirPods keep disconnecting. Bluetooth modules are likely to become overloaded and unable to provide stable connections for multiple devices when multiple Bluetooth devices are connected at the same time, such as Bluetooth mice, keyboards, and AirPods.
To fix the problem, disconnect any Bluetooth devices that are not currently in use and switch to wired (or wireless) devices that support 2.4GHz frequencies.
Are AirPods Pro and AirPods Max compatible with Windows 11?
Like AirPods normal, AirPods Pro and AirPods Max will work with Windows 11 laptops, and they will also support transparency and adaptive noise cancellation.
AirPods Pro’s pairing process is almost the same as that of standard AirPods, but AirPods Max’s on-ear version requires you to press and hold the noise control button to activate pairing.
A final word
Using AirPods with a Windows computer or laptop is as simple as pairing them. Once the process is completed, your AirPods will automatically connect to Windows. We showed you how to connect your AirPods manually if they don’t connect automatically. We hope this guide proves useful to you.