There has been some time since an app named TikTok has been launched. A Chinese app which its main servers are located in the china as we speak.
An app which has placed among the most used social apps and specializes in entertaining youth by providing feeds that has been wrapped by their artificial intelligence.
But since the company is spending and investing more and more by the minute, some courtesy to the customers should be shown and in this case it would be providing more options with ever update they release.
Comment section, as spoken before in previous articles, is tricky thing. You can gain double by letting people see some good words and compliments, or you can lose triple by having someone leaving negative stuff under you posts.
In this article we will show you guys some ways to get a hold of your comment section.
Control your comment section
As told, having bad and negative stuff on your hands is as effective as having good and positive ones as this is a social platform and everyone just believe what they can see, so controlling the spoken about section would be a clever idea.
But how is that possible? How do you do that? Well as the official web site of tiktok states, now
“You are in control in your comment section” and by all means you are, here are 5 ways which will make you really in charge:
Enable comment restrictions
Originally, anyone can leave a comment on your videos and everyone can see them as well, so first things first, you can start restricting by following the given steps below which works for android and IOS both:
- Open tiktok app.
- Login to your account.
- Go to your profile page.
- Open up setting and privacy by clicking on the 3 dots in the top-right corner.
- Here you can enforce your preferences, you can determine if you like everybody to leave a comment, only your friends can do that or no one has the permission to do so.
Filter the comments
Tiktok has spent a lot of money on a blockade and filtering feature which runs by your words of choosing.
You may consider some words too offensive or against your idea or community guide lines, or the ones to do not like for no good known -to-humanity reasons (because that happens sometimes).
Any way you don’t like some words and now you like to not see them ever again on your page, what you do is that you introduce some words to the app that you do not wish to be seen again. Here is how it goes:
- Open up tiktok.
- Go to your profile (it is the first tab on the right).
- Click on the 3 lines or 3 dots on the top right corner on the page (depending on the version or the phone and its operating system) to open setting and privacy.
- Select privacy under the account management and open it.
- Go down and find the “comments” just under the “downloads” and click on it.
- Below comments filter, find filter keywords and toggle it on.
- In the presented area you can type in the words that shall not be seen or you do not wish to see them anymore.
The tiktok itself has a filter for common inappropriate words that are known to be offensive to the public and automatically filters them so you don’t actually have to go through for famous words and slurs if you mean to.
Limit comments on just a sole video
You feel just like the comments should be monitored in one specific video that option is on the table as well. Here is how to do it:
- Go to your page and find the video you wish to be monitored.
- Select it and in the opened video select the center option which will be three dots.
- Find the “privacy setting” in the appeared menu and select it.
- The first item will be” allow comments” turn it off by toggling the button.
- In this manner you have turned off comments for just that specific video and they will disappear and go away.
Limit and prevent some people from commenting
Happen to some occasions where you see only some the people being rude and not upholding the community’s guidelines.
In this situation happens to there be a solution for it, you can restrict some specific people from commenting. These following steps are how to do so:
- Open up tiktok and login if you must.
- Go to your profile page.
- Click on the top right corner of the screen and open the privacy section.
- Go to comment section and open it.
- Select and choose “friends” by toggling the optional button.
- Go to your followings and now unfollow anyone whom you do not wish to be able of commenting on your videos.
This is a sure way to just let specific people have their saying on your stuff and prevent others from doing the same deed.
Review comments before being shown to everyone
About a year ago, the company introduced a new way of doing things around and lets you to give permission to approved and sanctioned comments of your choice.
This way you can let some positive and good comments to be shown without letting people down or offending them, here is how to do so:
- Open up tiktok and login to your account
- Go to your profile page and click on the 3 lines or dots (depending on the device and version) and open up privacy and setting.
- Go to ‘ COMMENTS” section and open it
- The first item will be “FILTER ALL COMMENTS” toggle it and turn it on
- At the bottom beneath the comment management, you will see an item called “ review filtered comments” click on it
In the opened page you can see any comments that have been put under your videos, but you are the only one who can see them. They won’t be shown to anyone else unless you give them permission and people still will be able to leave their comments, just await your approval.
Turn on the basic filter
Like said before, you shall have the option of filtering such known words which are abusive, offensive, too harsh and etc.
This feature was originally invented and used by google but tiktok did it as well and the feedback was great, really great, that the application got out of a pit called doom caused by some users.
In order to use the called filter, you will have to follow the upcoming steps;
- OPEN UP TIKTOK application and login to your account if you should.
- Go to your profile page and click the 3 lines located at the top right corner.
- Go to privacy and then straight to comment section.
- Tap on the second item which is “FILTER SPAM AND OFFENSIVE COMMENTS” and toggle it on.
This option will filter known-to be bad comments and words and will not let them to be shown under your posts. This feature is actually effective, but, monitoring yourself would give an outstanding result over the offensive-comment problem.
Over all, you will have to watch out for offensive comments or tiktok does the job, then do not be so surprised if you see some comments or contents missing from your page.
Written by A.M.S