Instagram seen gone?
While Instagram started out as a simple photo sharing app, it has become a very flexible platform with a number of powerful, fun and entertaining features.
How do you know if your Instagram direct message has been read?
One of these features is the Direct Messages (DMs) feature, which was added in late 2013. Since then, DM has become the standard for communication for heavy social media users. For those of you who have experienced the pain of waiting for a seemingly endless amount of time to respond to DM, at least some of the pain of waiting can be relieved. In this article, you will see how to determine if your Instagram direct message has been read. While this does not help you get an answer sooner, at least you know the other person is aware of your message.
How to use Instagram direct messaging
If you have never used Instagram Diamonds, let’s take a look at how they work first. If you already know, go to the next section. DMs are very useful and simple (unlike some other Instagram features that require their own training). Instagram text messages do not offer what other chat apps do, but having this service directly in the app can allow you and your friends to focus on photo posts without having to switch between apps.
How to send a direct message to friends / followers on Instagram
- Open Instagram and log in.
- Select the messenger icon (paper airplane) at the top right of the app. This will open Instagram Direct and a list of your Instagram connections will be displayed. If DM is waiting for you, there is a number at the tip of the messenger icon.
- Tap the “profile” to which you want to send the message, or tap the “edit” icon (pencil and paper) in the upper right corner to enter the username of a person not in your “friends” list.
- To add an image from your device gallery, before typing the message, tap the “Image” icon (square with mountain and sun) on the right, or this option will disappear.
- To add a snapshot, tap the “Camera” icon on the left before typing the message, otherwise the option will disappear.
- To add an animated sticker or GIF, before you type your message, tap the “Sticker” icon (peeled square with a smiling face) on the right, or after typing your message, tap the same icon on the left.
- Write your message in the text box, then press “Send”
Instagram DMs act more or less like messaging in other regular chat apps. The message is sent internally on the application platform (it is not sent externally like SMS) and the recipient usually sees the DM immediately.
How to send a direct message to any profile on Instagram
Another way to access the DM system is by viewing a personal profile. This is especially useful when dealing with a person / organization / business with content that you like or know and want to interact with.
- Tap the user’s profile icon to open his / her profile page.
- Select “Message” from the buttons in the middle of the page.
- To get started, first add your gallery image (if any) by tapping the “Image” icon (square with mountain and sun) on the right. You can not add a gallery image after typing in the comment box unless you scroll back.
- To add a new image, tap the “Camera” icon on the left before typing any text. This option disappears when there is text, so go back to delete any text and restore the icon.
- To add a animated sticker or GIF, before you type your message, tap the “Sticker” icon (peeled square with a smiling face) on the right, or after typing your message, tap the same icon on the left.
- Write the message as you normally would, if it was not already done, then press “Send”.
Unlike some platforms, where the messages of people who are not connected are considered somewhat suspicious, Instagram DM messages are always sent directly to the recipient’s inbox. Instagram does this to increase the level of interaction between its users.
How do we know if someone has read your direct message?
Instagram provides instant feedback to tell you if a message has been read (or at least seen) by the recipient. If the message is private (one by one), you will see the status using the steps below.
- On the “Home” page of Instagram, tap the “Messages” icon on the top right.
- Open your last message by tapping the relevant profile in the list.
- (If available) Scroll down. The status appears below your last message.
Depending on the message and the relationship between you and the recipient, the receipts you read may vary. Assuming that you are following someone and he is following you, you can see his Instagram category next to the “Seen” icon in the lower left corner of your message (as you can see in the image below).
The sender has blocked you
The second reason for the disappearance of your Instagram direct message could be blocking. If you can not see the conversation on Instagram, that person may block you there. Because you can no longer search for that person, Instagram automatically deletes the conversation. However, Instagram does not delete the conversation, and if the person decides to unblock you, you can see the conversation again.
The sender has disabled the account
This is what happens if the sender of the message decides to deactivate the account. In this case, too, you can not see the user profile and the conversation, unless the person activates the account. You may see notifications, but before the message opens, it disappears because the sender has disabled the account.
Instagram account has been deactivated
Not sent by sender
Instagram recently added a new feature to delete a message a person has already sent. In this case, if the sender did not send it before opening the call, you will not be able to see the message and it will disappear. Another issue is that if a person deletes a message before reading it, you may not even know who sent the message.
Send an Instagram message
Instagram message request disappeared?
There are reasons for the disappearance of the Instagram message request. The first is due to a defect that may be causing this problem. Other reasons for the disappearance of the Instagram message request are that you have been blocked, your account has been deactivated, or you have been following that person. Therefore, we have discussed most of the main reasons for the disappearance of message requests.