In today’s world, Instagram is among the most popular social media platforms, in which you can express yourself and share your precious memories with your family and friends.
However, even the best social media sites experience issues and downtime from time to time. Instagram users often experience difficulty logging into their applications. Instagram even has specific documentation regarding this issue in its help center.
We are going to show you a few tips and tricks on how you can resolve the Instagram login issue. We’d like to take a moment to discuss a few possible causes of your Instagram app issues.
Common Instagram login errors
There was a problem logging you into Instagram. Please try again soon.
Sorry, we couldn’t log you in.
Sorry, there was a problem with your request.
Why can’t I log into my Instagram?
You can check the list below to find out why you aren’t able to access your Instagram account if you are experiencing difficulty accessing your account.
#1 Instagram is down
A number of users report they can’t log into their accounts, when Instagram is down. To make sure, if it’s Instagram issue and not you, you can go to downdetector.com. If you see any charts there, when you look for Instagram, it means Instagram is down. You should wait a couple of hours for Instagram to get it fixed.
Instagram’s servers may be down, and they’re experiencing technical difficulties at the moment, which could be causing their login issues. The Instagram app will not be able to connect to the server if their main servers are down, so it can’t collect user login data.
Now that you know what could be the reason why Instagram won’t let you log in to your account, you can proceed to the step-by-step guide below that will show you how to fix this problem.
The login error on Instagram can be fixed in some ways. However, we included the most effective solutions in this guide to help you resolve the login issue on Instagram. You should be able to access your Instagram account without any issues by the end of this post.
#2 You logged out of Instagram
Again, a number of users report they can’t access their Instagram when they log out their accounts. once this happens, and they log out, they use forgotten passwords, to retrieve their passwords. but they won’t receive any SMS codes, or even emails.
This repetitive action will result in getting blocked by Instagram.
So, if you have logged out of your account, don’t press the forgotten passwords too many times. If you have not received the code for the first try, wait for a couple of hours. Or try to remember the previous passwords.
#3 The username or password you entered is incorrect
Make sure you double-check all of the login information you have provided to ensure that it is correct if you experience difficulties accessing your Instagram account. The username and password fields on Instagram are case-sensitive. The application will interpret too many incorrect credentials as an attempt to hack your account, and block your account if you do it too often.
#4 Accounts have been disabled or blocked
You may also experience login issues on Instagram if your account has been blocked or disabled as a result of a violation of terms and conditions, being reported repeatedly, or being inactive for an extended period.
#5 Your device’s Instagram app is outdated
If you’re using an older version of Instagram that Instagram doesn’t support, you might also have login issues. As a result, Instagram is no longer able to communicate with the servers which cause login problems on the app. Make sure that you always have the latest version of Instagram on your device to avoid login issues in the future.
How to Fix Instagram if you can’t log into your Instagram?
1. Don’t press Forgotten password too many times
If you press Need more help or forgotten passwords too many times, you might get blocked by Instagram. After each try, you should wait a couple of hours. It’s better for you to check your device, desktop or browser to see if your password is saved somewhere.
2. Restart Your Device.
Restarting your device is the first thing you can do if Instagram isn’t functioning properly. While it may sound cliché at times, it’s important to realize that if your device has been running for a long time and many processes are running in the background, you may not have enough system resources to run Instagram properly.
If you restarted your phone, you could ensure that you had enough system resources to run the Instagram app.
Following are the steps you will need to follow to restart an Android or iOS (iPhone or iPad) device.
Here’s how to restart your Android device:
- Press and hold the Power button until you see the Power Options menu on your device.
- When the screen of your device is completely off, tap the Restart button.
- Finally, wait for your device to fully boot up. You may have to wait a few seconds for it to complete.
If the log-in issue on the Instagram app is resolved after your device is completely restarted, open the Instagram app and log in to your account.
Here’s how to Restart Your iPhone or iPad:
- Once the option “Slide to Power Off” appears on your screen, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds.
- After that, release the power button. When the screen on your iPhone or iPad turns black, hold and drag the slider to the right.
- Wait at least ten seconds after turning off your device, then press and hold the Power button again until you see the Apple logo.
- After your device has completely booted, try logging in to Instagram to see if the issue is resolved.
It is possible to access Instagram after restarting your device, but it may not work for everyone. Continue to the next method.
3. Make sure Instagram’s servers are up and running.
You should check Instagram’s servers if your Instagram app is not working properly or if your account cannot be accessed.
The downtime of their servers may be causing your Instagram account login issues.
Instagram, however, doesn’t have a dedicated page that shows the status of its servers on its website. To check Instagram’s server status, you will need to use a third-party monitoring website like Downdetector.
Using Downdetector, you can discover all the problems Instagram has encountered in the past 24 hours and any information about the Instagram servers.
Additionally, it displays the topmost reported problems from users. The login issue is likely the widespread if you see it as one of the topmost reported problems.
4. Make sure your Internet connection is working.
Having trouble accessing your account can be caused by a poor internet connection. The Instagram app won’t be able to communicate properly with Instagram’s servers if it does not have access to a reliable network.
If your Internet router is not properly connected to your ISP (Internet Service Provider), try restarting it.
Locate the router’s power cable and unplug it. Once it has been unplugged, allow the router to rest for 15 seconds. Wait for your router to complete its setup after plugging in the power cable.
Your device should now be connected to the internet. Try accessing your account on Instagram after restarting your router to see if it resolved the log-in issue.
It may be necessary to restart your router if you haven’t been able to resolve the issue. Make sure to follow the steps for the fourth method below carefully.
5. Delete Instagram’s data and cache (for Android devices only).
Instagram may have become corrupted if it has been installed on your Android device for quite some time or if it was updated while you were using it.
When the data and cache of the application are wiped, any changes to the app’s system files will be rolled back, which means you have a fresh copy of the application and it works properly.
Below you will find instructions on how to delete Instagram’s cache and data.
- Open the Settings app by going to the App Drawer and tapping on it.
- To do so, find the Apps tab within the Settings app and tap it.
- Click on the Instagram app on the Apps tab to open its settings.
- You can now tap on the Clear Data button under Storage. Depending on the Android device you are using, you may find that the Clear Data button is located differently.
6. Reset the password for your Instagram account.
You may also remember an incorrect password for your Instagram account in some cases. If you want to be certain that you are entering the right login credentials for your Instagram account, you can try resetting your account’s password.
The guide below will help you reset your account’s password.
- Tap Get help when you open the Instagram app on your device.
- You will now need to enter your username or email address to recover your Instagram account.
- Next, you will have to choose how you want to receive the link to reset the password on your Instagram account.
- Finally, you will need to update your account password by accessing the link.
You can then log into the Instagram app to check if the problem has been resolved after resetting your account’s password.
Continuing to have trouble? Check if there are any pending updates for the Instagram app.
7. Install any available updates.
Installing pending updates and checking for updates can certainly help fix your Instagram login issues.
If you are using an outdated version of the application, it might not be able to properly communicate with Instagram’s servers, resulting in the error.
If you’re reading this, Instagram may have already rolled out an update addressing the login error issue.
You can check for Instagram app updates on both Android and iOS devices using the following steps.
Updates for Android Devices: How to Check.
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device and open it.
- On the left side of the search bar, tap on the button with three horizontal lines.
- After that, you will see the side menu. Select My Apps and Games from the side menu.
- Last but not least, Google Play Store will automatically update all of your installed applications. If the Instagram app requires a software update, select the Update button.
Upon updating the Instagram app, launch the application and log in to your account to determine whether the log-in issue has already been resolved.
Updates on iOS Devices: How to check
- Go to the App Store on your iOS device and unlock it.
- Towards the bottom of your screen, you’ll find a navigation bar. On the right-hand side of the navigation bar, tap the Updates tab.
- Finally, Instagram and all other apps installed on your device will be automatically updated via the App Store. On the right side of the Instagram app, click the Update button if there is an update available.
You can check if the issue with logging in has been fixed by opening the Instagram app and trying accessing your Instagram account after the update.
8. If you need support, contact Instagram with other devices
Last but not least, if none of the above steps worked for you, you can visit Instagram’s support center to learn why this kind of login error happened to you.
In case you run into problems with the app, Instagram has a robust help center with several helpful guides. For help with logging in to your Instagram account, please refer to this thread on Instagram’s help center.
The guide to fixing Instagram login problems on your device has concluded. Please share any other solutions that may be helpful to others in the comment section below, and we will be happy to give you credit once this article is updated.