All social media platforms have a series of security protocols to ensure the security and privacy of their users. One of the most used methods is the 2-factor authentication, which you have probably heard of, in which two factors (such as fingerprint, passcode, or key) are used to verify the identity of users. As a popular platform, Facebook also uses such protocols to maintain the security of users and prevent scammers and blackmail tools from accessing their data and page content.
One of the methods used by Facebook, besides 2 Factor Authentication, is Code Generator. Stay with us to learn what Code Generator is, how to use the Facebook code generator, and where is the Facebook code generator.
What is Facebook Code Generator
There are many security features on Facebook. One of these features is Code Generator, which is used in unison with two-factor authentication. When you want to log into your account using a new device, you need a code that it will be sent to you via SMS or internet connection. If you do not have access to these two communication channels, your phone will generate a 6-digit code for you with the help of a Code Generator. When using this method, keep a few points in mind:
- This code will expire after 30 or 60 seconds. So, you have to enter it during this time. Otherwise, you need to get another code.
- You can do other things with this code, including logging out of all devices at once or resetting your Facebook password.
- If you have problems using the Code Generator, reset your code generator by selecting the “My Code doesn’t work” option.
Code Generator on Android
To use the Facebook code generator, you need to download it from Google Play Store.
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Search Facebook Code Generator and download and install it.
- Run the installed app and enter your information.
- This app will provide you with a 6-digit code that you can use to log in or reset your password.
Code Generator on iOS
If you have an iPhone or iPad, follow the steps below to use the Facebook code generator.
- Run the Facebook app on your device
- Click on the menu icon. This icon is in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Find the Settings and Privacy option at the bottom of the screen and tap it.
- Select Code Generator.
- On the opened page, you will see a 6-digit code. This code changes every 30 or 60 seconds.
Solving the missing Code Generator problem
If you can’t find Code Generator in your Facebook app, try the following methods:
Go to Facebook using a browser
Open a browser on your computer or phone to follow the steps below. If you use the phone browser, you must open the desktop version. For this, on the ios phone, you have to click on Aa next to the URL, and select the Request Desktop website option. In Android phones, you must tap the three dots icon and enable Desktop site.
- Log into your Facebook account and tap on your profile picture.
- Select Settings and Privacy.
- Enter Settings.
- Select Security and Login.
- Scroll to locate two-factor authentication.
Update the app installed on your phone
The new version of each app fixes the defects of the previous version. If you want to solve the missing Facebook code generator, go to the App store or google play store and update your Facebook.
Delete your Facebook and install it again
If the Code Generator feature is not on your Facebook, you can delete the installed app to reinstall it and get the new features.