Facebook is a social media platform that has added other great features such as Facebook Marketplace or Facebook Dating. Facebook dating service works like other dating services such as Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge.
One of the advantages of Facebook’s dating feature over dating apps is that it can better understand your interests by using your behavior on Facebook and suggest more similar people to you.
All your activities in your Facebook account and your profile information, such as your interests, are effective in these suggestions. The posts you like or comment on are effective in these Facebook suggestions.
If Facebook dating does not show up to you, you can fix the problem using the solutions provided in this article. Before dealing with this problem and how to solve it, it is better to learn how to use Facebook dating.
How to use Facebook Dating
After you have completed your Facebook profile, you can access the dating section. To do this, follow the steps below. Note that these steps may be slightly different for different devices.
- Tap on the three-line menu in the bottom right corner, scroll to find Dating, and tap on it.
- If a confirmation prompt appears, agree to the terms and conditions. Next, you must also enter your location.
- Now you have to create a new profile for the Facebook dating feature. This profile is separate from your Facebook profile. In this step, enter your gender, interests, and location and choose a profile picture.
- At this stage, several potential matches will be shown to you. You can like them by tapping on the heart icon or skip them by tapping on the x icon.
- You can also add nine people to Secret Crash. You can match together if they add you in their Secret Crash too. Note that after they add you, your name is revealed to them. Otherwise, your identity will not be revealed to those people.
- After you express interest in a person, if that person also expresses interest in you, you can start a conversation together.
- Finally, you can make an appointment with your match.
Why Facebook dating not showing up?
- Age Restrictions: One of the imperative conditions to use the dating feature is that you are over 18 years old, otherwise you cannot use it. Or if you have entered your birth date incorrectly on Facebook (your age is registered under 18), you will encounter this problem.
- Location Restrictions: Facebook dating feature is available in some countries. If this feature is not active in your country, you cannot use it.
- Facebook settings: You may have accidentally or intentionally turned off dating settings, or your account may have been restricted for any reason.
- Your region is not yet covered by this feature: Some features that are added to Facebook or other platforms are not available in all countries from the beginning and will cover different regions over time.
- Problems and bugs of the installed app or the device: The version of the Facebook app that you have installed on your phone may have bugs or may not be updated. In addition, if your device has a problem, you may encounter such an issue.
- Maintenance and repair by Facebook: Facebook may have technical issues and want to make updates and changes.
- The type of device with which you go to Facebook: If you use your computer to go to your Facebook account, you will not find Facebook Dating. This feature can only be accessed using the Facebook mobile app.
- Unreliable Internet Connection: If your connection has problems or damaged productivity, your internet connection is considered unreliable.
How to fix Facebook dating not showing up
- Check your age: Facebook Dating is active for people of legal age. You must be at least 18 years old to use this feature. Check the date of birth you entered on Facebook. If it is wrong, edit it. To do this, click on the three-line menu and find your profile information by going to settings and privacy. In this section, you can correct your information by clicking on edit.
- Check the list of countries that have access to this feature: Not all countries can use Facebook Dating. The following countries have access to this feature:
United Kingdom, United States, Germany, Austria, Italy, France, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Guyana, Poland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Cyprus, Laos, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Colombia, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Argentina, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Philippines, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Suriname, Thailand, Belgium, Uruguay, and Vietnam.
- Check your Facebook settings: Go to your Facebook account settings and check if this feature is turned on or off. If it is off, turn it on.
- Update your Facebook app if needed: Always try to install the latest version of the Facebook app. If the version installed on your phone is outdated, update it to the new version.
- Check your device’s location settings: You should set your device’s location and language settings to a supported option by Facebook.
- Clear your Facebook cache: Sometimes corrupt files in the cache of an app cause problems in its performance. Go to Settings > Apps > Facebook > Storage & Cache and tap Clear Cache to delete temporary files.
- Check that the Facebook servers are not down and working: Go to the Facebook status page to make sure that the problem is not caused by the Facebook servers.
- Restart your phone: Restarting can solve some minor problems.
- Use the Facebook mobile app: Use the mobile app to access your Facebook account and find dating by tapping the hamburger button.
- Solve your Internet connection: You can switch from your current Internet connection to another one (for example, switch from Wi-Fi to cellular or vice versa) or disconnect your Internet connection and reconnect to it.
- Log out of your Facebook account and log in again: this solution can fix some minor bugs. To do this, tap on your profile picture (tap on the three-line menu if you have an Android phone) and select the logout option.
Facebook dating is one of the features that Facebook has provided to help single people to find a date. You can meet new people and create romantic relationships using this feature. You must be at least 18 years old and be included in the list of countries where this feature is available to use it. If Facebook Dating is not showing up to you, use the methods mentioned in this blog to fix the problem.