Many Instagram users have reported that a red number appears in front of its direct message icon, but no message is displayed when they open messages. Why does this happen on Instagram? Why doesn’t the Instagram notification disappear? Here are some ways to manage notifications sent from Instagram to eliminate this problem.
Instagram message notification but no message
If Instagram shows notifications it means you have an unread message somewhere in the direct message section including message requests, general message. Unless the person has unsent it, or they have deactivated or deleted their accounts. Or even Instagram has suspended their accounts.
After checking all these option, you need to reset the internet connection. If still there is any notifications but no messages, it means it is a cache stored in your app, which will be deleted in the few hours or days.
You can solve Instagram 1 message glitch in the DM section of Instagram by opening all parts including general messages, requests, spams, and checking the entire direct messages. May be someone who already sent you message is back to Instagram.
Some other ways can also help, for example clearing the cache of the Instagram app on the phone. The app may have already cached the sent and unread messages, and you can not remove this cache by opening the messages. But what is the solution?
I accept message request on Instagram but there is no message
Many Instagram users like you, report that when they accept a new message on the list request message, suddenly their message disappear. This can be mostly because of internet connection, or unsend the message from the sender. So, if you turn off and on the internet connection, and refresh the direct message section on instagram, and still no message, most probably they have unsent the message.
However, if you accept the message, and there is red dot on your DM notification bar, it means that you have that message somewhere in the list. If they sent you a message long time ago, it must go to the down of the message list. So, you should scroll down the whole list until you find it.
How to get rid off Instagram notifications that wont go away
One of the reasons that Instagram Direct Message Notification is displayed is that you have a message in the bottom part of the list or in “General” section and you cannot see it.
#1 Check if Instagram is down
I always recommend before doing anything, check Instagram down status on downdetector. If you see an increase in the chart, so it could be Instagram bug. You need to wait for a couple of hours, until Instagram server back to normal.
#2 Check the entire direct message list
First, go to the Direct Message list, scroll down and see if there is any unread messages there. If you do not see anything in this list, go to the General tab look for the message. There are other ways to investigate this problem that we suggest you see in the rest of this article.
#3 Check Instagram Message Request
The message sent to you and will be displayed as a notification will probably be displayed in the Direct message requests section. Even with all the options we mentioned, if that happened then, you would still see this notification. To open the message, enter the DM section of Instagram and open the Message requests section, which is displayed in a blue stylish font generator at the top right. If you open the message in this list, you will see an Accept option, eliminating Instagram notifications.
#4 Check your internet connection
Another major problem with Instagram notification Won’t Go Away is the problem of not connecting to stable internet. Suppose your internet speed is slow or the sent data is challenging to reach your phone. In that case, you will only receive Instagram notifications. Still, when you open the application, you will not see anything. You can change your internet connection to fix it. For example, connect to WiFi from Cellular data and see if the problem is solved by opening the application again.
Sometimes you will not find anything suggesting canceling the red color next to the Instagram icon or the direct message icon. An important message may have been sent to you by someone who wishes to see this message sooner. Maybe this is just a system bug that you can check to get rid of the line. But there is a general way to do this:
- First, check that all notifications are disabled in the Instagram application. To do this, you can click on the hamburger menu on the Instagram profile page, go to the Settings section, and in the Notifications section.
- You can also update the Instagram application.
- Restart your phone.
- Maybe you should delete the Instagram app.
- Check to see if your phone has enough space to receive notifications or Instagram data.
- Finally, you can go to the notifications section on the phone. First, disable this option for Instagram once and activate it again.
#5 Turn off Notifications
- The first thing to check is to disable notifications. To do this, you can use the Instagram application and phone settings.
- If you want to cancel notifications in the Instagram app, go to the Instagram account and open it.
- In the upper-right part, click on the hamburger menu option and enter the settings section.
- From the Settings section, select Notifications.
- Enable any notifications you need and disable other notifications.
If you want to disable Instagram notifications from the phone settings, do the following step.
- Go to settings
- Click the Notifications option.
- You can search for Instagram in the Apps section and select it.
- You will not see notifications that you can not disable from this section.
#6 Restart the device
One of the easiest ways to solve the Instagram notification problem Won’t Go Away is to restart your phone.
- All you have to do is hold down the power button on your phone for a few seconds to turn the nettle off or on.
- Select the option here to turn off your phone. Then I press the power button again to turn on the phone.
- Turning off the phone and restarting it will help you get more out of your existence.
- After rebooting, the phone will automatically load with depleted memory, and the Instagram Won’t Go Away notification problem will be fixed.
#7 Reinstall or update Instagram
Likely, the problem with Instagram notification Won’t Go Away is due to the non-updated Instagram app. You can update the app to the new version by removing it from your phone and reconnecting it. You can also update the app by visiting Google Play Store and Apple App Store and searching for the Instagram name.
#8 Clear Instagram cache
Each device has a cache to store the information that the application desperately needs. This memory is drawn as. The primary purpose of this work is to quickly access the same information on each application to increase the speed of processing and loading information. Cache reduces the amount of data your device uses, so if the data is stored incorrectly in the cache, it may cause a problem. Notification Instagram Won’t Go Away.
- On phones, there is a general way to delete the Instagram app, which we see below:
- First, click on the Settings option in your Instagram profile.
- From this section, enter the Security option.
- On iOS phones, an option called Clear Search History displays, and on Android phones, the Search History option is displayed.
- Open it and click Delete All.
You may see a red number next to the Instagram icon or the DM icon on Instagram. However, when you open Instagram, there are no new messages. What is the solution to this problem?