Have you ever received a magnet link but could not open it? How to fix magnet links not working error? The following will explain the methods for correcting magnet links and examine how to eliminate magnet links not working with simple techniques.
What is a magnet link?
Magnet links are one of the easiest ways to download torrents. These links share heavy files in email and other platforms through which large files cannot be sent. Also, you no longer need to save BitTorrent files, and you can send or receive links in a peer-to-peer connection.
How to use magnet link
A Torrent file consists of sections such as tracker URL, code, and file name that can be downloaded. Magnet Links keep all this information secure, and you need a hash to open it. All the methods used to destroy and steal magnetic file information have failed.
In addition to high security, you can send the link to a peer-to-peer connection without receiving the original file. Torrent users use hash codes to look for nodes that hold the original file. With Magnet File, you no longer need a tracker, and you can keep your data consumption low.
After clicking on a magnet link, Chrome will pass the hashed data.
But sometimes, a magnet link’s not working error occurs and does not work correctly when you open these links. Of course, there is no problem. You can fix this error by using different methods.
Magnet link not working
If you work with the uTorrent client or other torrent files, the following methods can help you fix the magnet links not working error.Turn on the Content settings.
When you open a magnet link, content in Chrome becomes inaccessible. So first, check the content settings in Chrome. for this:
- First, open Chrome and click on Menu.
- Then select the Settings option.
- It would help if you came to the bottom of the list.
- Here you see the Options. Open it.
- Then you will see the Content Settings option, which locates under the Privacy section.
- Look for the Handlers option here.
- You should find an option called allow sites to ask to become default handlers for protocols (recommended.
- Then click on it to activate its toggle button
- This option allows Google to manage unique protocols. Magnet links are directly related to uTorrent, BitTorrent, or other torrent clients.
- After that, try to open the magnet link again. If your browser manages to open the link, the problem is solved. Otherwise, you have to do the following steps.
Edit the Registry
Sometimes magnet links not working error is from the Windows registry.
You are experiencing this error because you are using a torrent client, and Windows cannot determine which program to select to open your file by default.
To fix this error in Windows operating system:
- First, press the Windows key and the R key on the keyboard simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- In this window, type Regedit
- A new window will open called Registry Editor.
- Go to \ Computer \ HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Magnet \ shell \ open \ command here.
- A Data column is displayed in the directory path section.
- Here you need to check that the torrent client is in the same directory. For example, if your client is BitTorrent, the directory path should look like this: C: \ Users \ a \ AppData \ Roaming \ BitTorrent \ BitTorrent.ex
- Click C drive to enter the next step. Here, press the Windows key and E on the keyboard and open this PC. If your torrent file stores in the wrong directory, reset the Registry option. Now go back to Chrome and open the magnet link. The problem must be solved.
Most websites in the world support Torrent files, but some are out of reach and can no longer be serviced. Sometimes in these websites, you get a magnet link error, which with the methods we have examined, you can quickly solve this problem and open the magnet link on Chrome or other browsers.