If there is a problem with your Instagram account or the device you are trying to log into your account, you may receive the error message “There was a problem logging you into Instagram. Please try again soon.”
In this blog, we want to check why we experience such an error and how we can solve this problem.
Why do I see the error message “There was a problem logging you into Instagram. Please try again soon.”
In the following, we have provided some reasons for such an error. Check them and see which one is the cause of this error in your device or account.
- Entering information incorrectly: If you enter the incorrect username or password for your Instagram account.
- Poor and unstable internet connection: If you have an unstable internet connection, you will experience this error.
- Locking the account temporarily: If you enter an incorrect username or password several times, Instagram assumes you are not the account owner and will lock it temporarily.
- Problems related to Instagram servers: Sometimes, Instagram servers may not work for reasons such as platform maintenance and repair. So, you may encounter such technical errors.
- Problems related to the device or the app installed on it: Sometimes, the device you use is the cause of such errors. Indeed, always try to update your Instagram app. Sometimes outdated versions have bugs that will be fixed in the latest versions.
If you have checked the five mentioned and none of them caused the error “There was a problem logging you into Instagram. Please try again soon.”, you can stop insisting and try to log in to your account later. If the problem persists, contact Instagram support to look for the cause.
How to solve the error “There was a problem logging you into Instagram. Please try again soon.”
I’ll walk you through some working solutions to quickly fix this problem in this part.
- Check the entered information: Enter your username and password carefully and check that you entered them correctly. If you do not remember your password, you can reset it.
- Check your internet connection: You can switch from Wi-Fi to cellular (or vice versa) and try to log in to your account. If you experience this error again, it shows that the problem is not with your internet.
- Proceed to unlock your account: If you entered the wrong information to enter your account several times and you see this error now, contact Instagram support. Note that Instagram will lock your account if it detects suspicious activity.
- Check Instagram servers: You can see if the Instagram servers are down by using different methods, such as using the “downdetector.com” website or asking others. We will explain how to use the Down Detector website in the following.
- Update your Instagram app: You can find out if it is up to date by going to the App Store or Google Play and searching for Instagram. If your Instagram app needs to be updated, do so to improve its performance and fix the problems and errors in previous versions.
- Clear your Instagram cache: If you have corrupt files in the Instagram cache, they can cause problems and errors. Go to Settings > Apps > Instagram > Storage & Cache and tap Clear Cache to delete temporary files.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Instagram app from your phone: If the problem is related to your Instagram app, it will be fixed.
- Try with another device: You may experience this error because of your phone. So log in to your Instagram account using another device. If no error still appears, the problem is related to your phone. So you can troubleshoot and repair it.
If you have checked all the above steps, but your problem is not solved, contact Instagram support to guide you.
How to check Instagram servers using the DownDetector website
You can check the servers of every website using downdetercor.
- Go to the DownDetector website at downdetector.com.
- The search box at the top of the website page is for entering the service you have a problem with. Type Instagram in it and click on the search button.
- You will be redirected to the Instagram status page, and the Instagram servers’ status will be shown to you.
- You can also use the Live Outage and Reported Problems Map. This map shows you where people have reported problems.
- You can also use the comments and feedback people have left about Instagram.